Onsite childcare services
The Galactosemia Foundation Conference committee is excited to announce that we will again offer conference attendees access to an onsite children's program provided by a professional childcare company. Enjoy a stress-free conference with your children close at hand.
After paying for the general admissions to the conference for you and each child, please register for childcare with Corporate Kids Events.
Steps to enroll in childcare
1. Parents and children register and pay for the conference using this link
2. After completing registration, parents will complete additional forms needed by Corporate Kids Events to ensure safety
- Program will be held July 13–14, 2018 at the Denver Marriot Tech Center Hotel, 8:00 am–6:00 pm
- Galactosemia safe snacks and beverages will be provided
- Children will eat lunch with their families in conference banquet rooms
- Childcare is available for children with and without galactosemia
- Children are separated into age-appropriate groups
- Daily interactive and creative activities are planned for each age group
About the childcare company
- Professional, screened, and trained caregivers
- CPR/first aid certified and trained to handle emergencies
- Secure, convenient rooms located out of the stream of conference traffic
- Photo ID required for check in/out of children
- Fully insured and licensed
Attention young people with galactosemia and siblings who are ages 9 to 12!
While this age group still attends child care during conferences, we know that conferences are a great opportunity for kids to build new experiences and engage in fun and educational activities related to galactosemia.
The Mighty-G program is intended to provide special activities for this age group while they remain in a safe, secure environment at the hotel. We hope this will give children the opportunities where they can learn in real life scenarios, make positive social and emotional connections with food and dining and develop lifelong friends!
Our popular "No Whey Cafe" will return and will be offered to the Mighty-G group. Participants will be in a real life cafe setting and being able to order and eat a galactosemic safe treat!
Volunteers are needed for this event! Our success largely depends on adult helpers. Volunteers will be able to attend general sessions and breakout sessions. However, at designated time frames, they would need to help the Mighty Gs with special sessions.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with the Mighty G's, please email Patricia Watkins and type "Mighty G" in the subject line. Mighty Gs and the Conference Committee appreciate your support and help!
Mighty G coordinator